Menu

Five Signs Your Home Needs Electrical Repairs

0 Comments

Having a working electrical system is essential to your home. Not only could faulty systems cause fires, but other injuries can happen as well. It can be hard to know exactly what’s going on, but there are a few signs that can be a pretty good indicator. If you aren’t sure if you need any electrical repair cincinnati oh, then keep reading to see if you have any of these signs in your home.

Blown Fuses

It’s completely normal to have a blown fuse every now and then, but it becomes an issue when it happens more frequently. When it happens frequently, it’s a sign that the circuits are being overloaded and this needs to be fixed by a professional. If you happen to try and replace the breakers, make sure you use the correct size. If the fuses are still blowing, then it’s time to call in help.

Going Through Light Bulbs Quickly

Another indication of electrical repairs is if you’re going through light bulbs quickly. This is especially true if you’re using the light bulbs that have quite a few hours on them. Just like the blown fuses, it’s normal to need to replace light bulbs after a certain amount of time, but you shouldn’t be going through them like crazy. You should also watch to see if some of your lights are bright, while others are dim.

Flicker Lights

If your lights remind you of something straight out of a horror movie, you should probably call a professional. It’s normal for lights to flicker when an appliance kicks on, but it should stop after a little while. If it doesn’t, there’s a high chance that there’s something wrong within the electrical system that should be fixed as soon as possible.

Burning Smell

If you notice a burning smell, then there is an issue in your electrical system. These smells can be very scary because you might not be sure what’s causing them. Sometimes, the burning smells will be accompanied by smoke. Most of the time, a burning smell indicates that the wires are getting overheated and this is what causes fires. If you notice any type of smell like this, call a professional immediately!

Shocks

One last big sign of an electrical system needing repairs is if you get shocked. This can happen when you’re plugging in or unplugging appliances. You shouldn’t ever get any kind of shock and, if you do, it’s not normal. If you feel any kind of numbness, pain or other symptoms when you get shocked, you need to go to the hospital. If you don’t, you need to call someone in as soon as you can because this usually means there is a pretty serious issue.

If you have any of these, make sure you call in a professional as soon as possible. Leaving it be can cause more issues or even result in your house catching fire. Even if it turns out to be nothing, it’s better to be safe than sorry.